Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Does anyone know how to Route power to two different monitors out of two different ports.?

I bought a foreign graphic card and when I uninstalled my out-of-date one I lost all power to my stock monitor slot because I have the new illustrative card and plugged my monitor into it. I want to have 2 monitors plugged in need spending money on a Y cable. Is it possible?


Answer:

okay well im guessing your trying to enjoy a dual display or extended display. you need a graphics card to support these modes and multiple monitors. These cards will own to monitor ports. A 'Y' cable would just clone one eyeshade to another, and can be problematic if the screens resolutions aren't supported by one and the other (800x600 @ 75 - 85 Hertz shouldn't be a problem if their newer monitors)

No comments:

Post a Comment