Friday, September 17, 2010

Do tv's work as accurate laptop monitors?

I want a 37 or 40 TV/PC monitor, i own a Philips 32 TV, but even with an S-Video cable the power is crap, so if i got an HDTV would it look approaching crap, or would it be sharp like my monitor?

-Ryan

ps. i hold an ATI X1600 512MB graphics card, on an Alienware, 1GB RAM, 2 3.0 Ghz processers.. if that helps


Answer:

I own seen the part on a TV that had HDTV, and a dvi port to hook up to a computer- the resolution be awesome!
This is a matter of resolution. If your running your illustrative card at 1280x1024 resolution, or even higher such as 1600x1200 (as i do on my 21 inch). in a minute when that signal is outputted to a tv... your television wishes to be able to support that resolution as powerfully.



A regular tube tv has resolution somewhere on the lines of 480 lines or so.. I don't know the number and don't want to look it up. Even if its 27 inch, or as small as 10 inches... the resolution contained by the same.



On your HDTV, does it utter if it supports the resolutions discussed above. If it does, it should be good. But later you get into rejuvenate rate... and all of that stuff.
Generally not since their resolution is immensely poor. Even an HDTV maxes out at 1080 lines.



I hope this helps !
Yeah, television are terrible computer displays.
not as flawless (it depends on ur tv)
If you get a lcd or dlp or plasma it would look similar to your pc monitor. Freaking awesome! I want to gain a 46 LCD from samsung as my primary screen for my network surfing comp, and my gaming comp. Just make sure your graphics card can push the resolution of the size eyeshade you get.

No comments:

Post a Comment